Supporters from the United States of America (U.S.A.) (updated on Jan. 13, 2017)
Would you please support the advocacy efforts of our Canadian refugee sponsorship group, AIRSS? We are actively advocating for the refugee sponsorship applications of Argentine and Mapendo and families to be processed more quickly.
We need as many people as possible to draw attention to this case and ask the Canadian government to expedite the applications for our two vulnerable Congolese refugee families.
Please consider sending the email message below (or your own message of support) to the email addresses at the bottom of this email. You may also want to add the email address(es) for your own government official(s) such as Senators. If you write a new message or edit the sample, please make sure you include AIRSS in the subject line and message and please identify the applicants as vulnerable. Additional instructions are provided below.
One quick email from you will take little time and could make a great difference in the lives of these 3 disabled adults and 6 children.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact AIRSS President Cheryl Balay at <email@example.com>. Thank you.
I support the Athabasca Interfaith Refugee Sponsorship Society (AIRSS) in their sponsorship applications for Argentine, Mapendo, and their families.
I am an American citizen who supports the efforts of this private group of Canadian citizens.
This effort is a good example of a Canadian Private Sponsorship of Refugees - a program that your government is sharing with the world through the Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative
However, it is hard to be convinced that this model should be an example for the rest of the world when you have estimated processing times of approximately 5 years for two vulnerable African families.
I urge you to expedite the processing of these applications. The applicants are vulnerable and AIRSS is ready to welcome these families to Athabasca, Alberta, Canada today.
Application Reference Information: Application details provided in December 5th, 2016 email or January 10, 2017 email from Cheryl Balay (firstname.lastname@example.org). Subject Line: Vulnerable (African) Applicants - AIRSS Private Sponsorship of Refugees
1. Please copy and paste the above message into a new email.
2. Please sign your name at the bottom of the message. We encourage you to add your state and country. If desired, please add the email address(es) for your own government officials, such as Senators.
3. Please write this in the Subject Line: Vulnerable African Applicants - AIRSS Private Sponsorship of Refugees
4. Please copy and paste the following list of government officials into the "To" field. If desired, please add the email address(es) for your own government officials, such as Senators.
5. Then hit SEND. Thank you!!!
You can also add your own US Senator to this email list.