Our applications have been received by the government, but the wait times for African refugees are dismally long.
We need as many people as possible to draw attention to our case and ask the government to expedite the applications for our two vulnerable Congolese refugee families.
Please consider sending the message below (or your own message of support) to the email addresses at the bottom of this post.
Please add the email address for your own Member of Parliament (MP) if your MP is not listed (if you live in another constituency). Find your MP here:
One quick email from you will take little time and could make a great difference in the lives of these 3 disabled adults and 6 children.
Thank you for your help!
- Athabasca Interfaith Refugee Sponsorship Society
I support the Athabasca Interfaith Refugee Sponsorship Society (AIRSS) in their sponsorship applications for Argentine, Mapendo, and their families.
I urge you to expedite the processing of these applications. The applicants are vulnerable and AIRSS is ready to welcome these families to Athabasca, Alberta today.
I ask that you assist these vulnerable African families in two important ways:
1) by advocating for expedited processing of these vulnerable applicants.
2) by working with your colleagues to address the unreasonable processing times for African refugee applications.
Application Reference Information: Application details provided in December 5th, 2016 email or January 10, 2017 email from Cheryl Balay (email@example.com).
Subject Line: Vulnerable (African) Applicants - AIRSS Private Sponsorship of Refugees
1. Please copy and paste the message into a new email.
2. Please sign your name at the bottom of the message. Please include your town/city, province and postal code.
3. Please write this in the Subject Line: Vulnerable African Applicants - AIRSS Private Sponsorship of Refugees
4. Please copy and paste the following list of government officials into the "To" field and hit SEND. Thank you!!!